The Qathet Regional Cycling Association was created to:
- Promote the stewardship and official establishment of local trails.
- Access funds for trail construction and maintenance.
- Promote the development of trail networks, maps and signage.
- Organize local events and rides.
- Represent the cycling community before agencies, municipal and regional governments, other groups, and tenure holders.
The purposes of the society as outlined in our constitution are:
- To promote, assist and advocate for the use of the bicycle for sport, recreation and transportation.
- To promote and protect the rights of bicyclists.
- To advocate for the interests of bicyclists.
- To promote bicycling for fun, fitness and transportation.
- To support bicycling safety and skills education.
- To work with other community groups, agencies and organizations having similar goals that can contribute to the purposes of the society.
- To raise funds as necessary to carry out the purposes of the society.