The PR Friends of Film Society is a registered non-profit society with charitable status, our mission: to cultivate film as a cultural, educational, and economic driver in qathet Regional District, Powell River, Tla’amin Nation, and Shíshálh Nation.
We run the Powell River Film Festival!
Annual film festival featuring Canadian and International dramas, documentaries and shorts. The youth program includes the School Film Fest, the Adventures in Film Camp and the 5 Minute Film Contest, both open to all youth ages 15-19.
A thriving film community in qathet Regional District, Powell River, Tla’amin Nation, and Shíshálh Nation
- Deliver programming that enriches and engages our audience in critical dialogue
- Support local filmmakers, filmmaking, and emerging talent
- Preserve, restore, and maintain the Historic Patricia Theatre
- Prioritize anti-racism, inclusivity and equity in our programming and organization
- Engage with Tla’amin Nation and Shíshálh Nation in the ongoing process of decolonization and reconciliation