Who we are
Sunshine Coast Tourism (SCT) is a non-profit association, specifically a destination marketing organization (DMO). Our job is to promote the entire region of the Sunshine Coast (from Howe Sound to Desolation Sound!) as a fantastic travel destination to the rest of the world. As a non-profit organization, we are led by a volunteer Board of Directors and two full time staff, plus more than 200 members encompassing all facets of businesses within the tourism industry spanning the entire Sunshine Coast. We create bold, inspiring, and engaging marketing campaigns that inspire visitors to plan their trip, and we work diligently to create brand awareness and advocacy for the Sunshine Coast, BC as a travel destination. As a non-profit, we are supported by our membership, local and provincial government who all see the value in the tourism economy and our ability to unite together to market the Sunshine Coast in a way that no one business could achieve individually.
Sunshine Coast Tourism’s mission is to build a strong tourism economy on the Sunshine Coast consistent with the values of residents. Sunshine Coast Tourism will:
- Promote the Sunshine Coast to leisure and business travelers as a year-round destination in targeted markets through a strategic, research-based marketing strategy
- Facilitate the continuing evolution of the destination
- Increase awareness of the value, contribution, and importance of tourism among the government, population, and businesses on the Sunshine Coast
Thinking about becoming a member of Sunshine Coast Tourism? Members receive the following benefits:
- Website listing in our online Member Directory on the top travel planning site, sunshinecoastcanada.com promoting your business with contact information, website and social media link, photos, and description.
- Promote your specials, packages, and booking deals on booking.sunshinecoastcanada.com
- Discounted cooperative advertising opportunities in print, online and radio campaigns and industry trade shows
- Exposure in our 25,000+ follower social media network buzz on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Access to educational workshops, business development events and informative newsletters
- Inclusion in media hosting and itineraries
- Contributing with the other tourism businesses to market the Sunshine Coast and bring more visitors– if we make it a bigger pie, everyone gets a bigger piece!
Please note – if you are currently a member of Tourism Powell River, your membership in this organization means you are already a member of Sunshine Coast Tourism. Furthermore, if you’re an accommodation collecting the MRDT, your membership fee is waived. You must still register.
Cost of Membership:
Membership is $175 + GST per year (inc. 1 room), plus $10 per extra room for *accommodations (*see note above).
How to sign up?
1) Fill out this form.
2) If you prefer to pay via traditional invoice & cheque, just send us an email to let us know.
Current Member Information
Already a member? Find information on our Board of Directors, Meeting Minutes, Business Plan, & more.