Things To Do
Powell River Film Festival
February 8, 2019 - February 17, 2019
The Friends of Film Society of Powell River produces the Powell River Film Festival, an annual event each February dedicated to showcasing the finest and most current releases from Powell River, Canada, and the World.
Principal activities include programming films for schools and the general public, and presenting a camp and contest for youth aged 15-24.
The Powell River Film Festival, with an 18 year history, has deep connections to the film community of British Columbia. Referred to as Hollywood North, Vancouver is the third largest film and television production centre in North America. Direct spending on film and television in British Columbia in 2014 was in excess of $2 billion.
With more than 3,000 seats filled last year, the Powell River Film Festival provides an excellent opportunity to reach the local film-making community, industry professionals, and an audience with an interest in culture and community.
One of last year’s highlights was the local feature production, Kayak to Klemtu, by Zoe Leigh Hopkins and Michael Sparaga. After her uncle’s death, a 14-year-old girl must speak on his behalf against a proposed pipeline that would bring oil tanker traffic to the waters around her hometown in British Columbia.
Visit the Powell River Film Festival website for more information, including film trailers (coming soon!)
Find 2019 ticket information here.
- All films at the Patricia Theatre unless otherwise noted
- Boxes may be reserved for people using wheelchairs and their attendants by phoning the Patricia Theatre: 604-483-9345
- Seniors discounts are for ages 61 and up
- All festival ticket-holders will require a 2019 membership card. These can be purchased for $2 along with your tickets
- Membership is included in the price of a festival pass
- Membership includes five (5) FREE small popcorns through December 31, 2019
- Children 4 and under admitted free
- Rush tickets are available for Sold Out screenings