Things To Do
Powell River Film Festival
February 8 - February 17
The Friends of Film Society of Powell River produces the Powell River Film Festival, an annual event each February dedicated to showcasing the finest and most current releases from Powell River, Canada, and the World.
The Powell River Film Festival, with an 18 year history, has deep connections to the film community of British Columbia. With more than 3,000 seats filled last year, the Powell River Film Festival provides an excellent opportunity to reach the local film-making community, industry professionals, and an audience with an interest in culture and community.
One of last year’s highlights was the local feature production, Kayak to Klemtu, by Zoe Leigh Hopkins and Michael Sparaga. After her uncle’s death, a 14-year-old girl must speak on his behalf against a proposed pipeline that would bring oil tanker traffic to the waters around her hometown in British Columbia.
For 2019, we will continue to bring the best of international, Canadian, and locally produced films. The programming team at the Festival has been travelling far and wide searching out the perfect mix of films. Once you take a look, we think you’ll agree that this spectacular lineup has a little bit of something for everyone. Go directly to our Films page and watch the trailers now!
Visit the Powell River Film Festival website for more information.
Find 2019 ticket information here.
- All films at the Patricia Theatre unless otherwise noted
- Boxes may be reserved for people using wheelchairs and their attendants by phoning the Patricia Theatre: 604-483-9345
- Seniors discounts are for ages 61 and up
- All festival ticket-holders will require a 2019 membership card. These can be purchased for $2 along with your tickets
- Membership is included in the price of a festival pass
- Membership includes five (5) FREE small popcorns through December 31, 2019
- Children 4 and under admitted free
- Rush tickets are available for Sold Out screenings