Current Travel Restrictions
Updated January 7, 2021
Currently, there is a Province Wide Travel Ban. By order and direction of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO): At this time, all non-essential travel should be avoided. This includes travel into and out of B.C. and between regions of the province.
- Do not travel for a vacation
- Do not travel to visit friends or family outside of your household or core bubble
For more information about the latest Provincial Health Orders:
Click on this link to the Government of BC’s Emergency Preparedness Response Recovery Website Page.
It is important to acknowledge that we’re all visitors on the traditional territories of the Tla’amin, Klahoose, shíshálh, and Skwxwú7mesh nations. Anytime you are exploring the Sunshine Coast, please remember to be safe, responsible, and respectful.
Know Before You Go: How To Explore Safely and Responsibly During COVID-19
If you are planning to visit the Sunshine Coast, here are some guidelines for exploring our communities.
- Do not travel if you are sick.
- Practice 2 metres physical distancing at all times.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Reduce your contact in communities by bringing essentials with you.
- Explore with your family or immediate cluster only.
- Avoid large groups and gatherings.
- Plan ahead and book activities, accommodation, and experiences in advance.
- Respect the safety procedures enacted by the businesses you visit.
- Adhere to any local closures or restricted access to communities.
Follow the direction of the Provincial Health Officer and keep up to date on changing guidelines and regulations. If you would like to know how local businesses are keeping customers safe, check their website, social media, or give them a call to inquire.
Know Before You Go:
Travel Updates and Information
BC is in Phase 3 of BC’s Restart Plan and the Sunshine Coast welcomes visitors to explore. At this time, some travel restrictions remain in place for visitors from outside of Canada.
Read important updates on BC travel.
Read updates on the Canadian border and international travel advisories and restrictions.
Read updates on BC Ferries schedules and procedures. It is advisable to make a reservation for BC Ferries to get to and from the Sunshine Coast.
Read important updates from BC Parks.
Read important Air Quality Advisories
Plan Your Next Trip
Check out our trip planner tool below to plan for your next trip to the Sunshine Coast.
Find and book travel deals for your next trip to the Sunshine Coast for this summer and fall.