Current Travel Restrictions
Updated July 1, 2021
- As of July 1, BC is in Step 3 of its Restart Plan and we are thrilled to welcome visitors from across Canada for safe and responsible travel in the province
- For international visitors, the Canadian border remains closed for non-essential travel, including those who have been vaccinated. See the links below for details
For full details about the latest Provincial Health Orders:
Click on this link to the Government of BC’s response to COVID-19 website page.
Know Before You Go:
Travel Updates and Information
Read important updates on BC travel.
Read updates on the Canadian border and international travel advisories and restrictions.
Read updates on BC Ferries schedules and procedures. It is advisable to make a reservation for BC Ferries to get to and from the Sunshine Coast.
Read important updates from BC Parks.
Read important Air Quality Advisories.
It is important to acknowledge that we’re all visitors on the traditional territories of the Tla’amin, Klahoose, shíshálh, and Skwxwú7mesh nations. Anytime you are exploring the Sunshine Coast, please remember to be safe, responsible, and respectful.
Know Before You Go: How To Explore Safely and Responsibly During COVID-19
While we welcome visitors and are happy to have you back, we ask that you continue to follow all Provincial Health Officer COVID safety guidelines and respect the safety procedures enacted by the businesses you visit:
- Do not travel if you are sick
- Practice 2 metres (6ft) physical distancing wherever possible
- Wash your hands regularly
- Masks are recommended in indoor public places for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated. Individual businesses may require mask wearing in their place of business
- Plan ahead and book activities, accommodation and experiences in advance
- Adhere to any local closures or restricted access to communities
Follow the direction of the Provincial Health Officer and keep up to date on changing guidelines and regulations. If you would like to know how local businesses are keeping customers safe, check their website, social media, or give them a call to inquire.
Check our our blogpost: Tips for Safe & Responsible Travel on the Sunshine Coast this Summer
Plan Your Next Trip
Check out our trip planner tool below to plan for your next trip to the Sunshine Coast.
Find and book travel deals for your next trip to the Sunshine Coast for this summer and fall.